Pumpkin Spice Latte is so last year! Now, it’s Butterbeer Latte!
Bring the Wizarding World of Harry Potter home, this fall with your own homemade Butterbeer Latte! Last week, we celebrated the first day of Fall. With Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party starting on August 25 and pumpkin spice lattes out before that, Fall foods have been with us since way before the official first day.
This also means it’s time for hot butterbeer. We were looking for a new spin on hot butterbeer and found one from Kelley Grant; a butterbeer latte. Very simple and tasty looking, we knew we had to try it!
Butterbeer Latte Recipe
- 6 oz. boiling water
- 1 tablespoon (or package) of instant espresso (we used Cafe Bustelo Instant Espresso single serve packets)
- 1 tablespoon English toffee syrup (see notes, below)
- 1 tablespoon caramel syrup
- 1 cup of milk (see notes, below)
- Whipped cream and caramel sauce (syrup) for topping
- Stir the instant espresso in the boiling water until dissolved.
- In a glass (we needed a larger cup), add the syrups. Pour the hot espresso over the syrups and mix to combine.
- Pour in the milk and stir.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel.
Butterbeer Latte Review
We made our butterbeer latte with butterscotch syrup and caramel syrup, since we couldn’t find English toffee syrup. Besides, butterbeer is clearly a butterscotch flavor.
After making it per the instructions (with the butterscotch exception), we found that it didn’t have much butterbeer flavor, unless you got a little bit of the whipped cream mixed in with it. In fact, as Hunter said after she tasted it, “That tastes kind of weird.”
Hunter suggested mixing the whipped cream in with the butterbeer latte mixture, prior to topping it with whipped cream. This made a WORLD of difference! Next time, I might even try whole fat, heavy whipping cream instead of milk in the recipe.
Give the recipe a try and let us know, what do you think of the Butterbeer Latte?
Are You a VIP? Very Important Princess
Get access to our VIP Library filled with resources and fun for your next Disney vacation!