Ready for a Disney World Halloween 2020?
One of our favorite times of year at Disney World is over Halloween. We are so disappointed that Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (special event) is canceled due to COVID-19. However, we are thrilled to hear Disney is still adding some Halloween magic to the Disney Parks in Orlando! This will make Halloween (even in 2020) a family-friendly Disney vacation to remember.
Disney World Halloween 2020
We are going to jump into the exciting happenings for a Disney World Halloween 2020.
One of the most popular activities during Mickey’s Halloween Party is costumes! From September 15-October 31, guests of all ages can wear their Halloween costumes during regular hours at Magic Kingdom Theme Park at the Walt Disney World Resort. This is such a fun way to celebrate the spooky season! We are hoping to see the Disney Cast Members in Halloween attire, too. I always love those bat headbands!
You will see Magic Kingdom transform to spooky Halloween fun! Main Street USA will have the glowing pumpkin wreaths and other decorations.
We love seeing the Disney Characters in their Halloween costumes! Unfortunately, you will not be able to see the Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade. However, Disney created another Halloween moment!
You can see a Halloween-themed cavalcade featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto and pals dressed in Halloween costumes.
Character Meet and Greets
You may not be able to hug your favorite Disney Character, but you can get a selfie! Be on the lookout for other characters throughout Magic Kingdom. You may spot Chip ‘n’ Dale in costume in Frontierland and other Disney characters dressed for Halloween riding the horse-drawn trolley along Main Street, U.S.A.
Halloween Merchandise Goodies
Another popular Halloween activity at Disney World is shopping. Do you love buying Halloween goodies? You will be able to purchase Halloween-themed merchandise in select locations around Magic Kingdom Park.
Featured items include a new spirit jersey, Loungefly backpack, and candy-swirl Minnie Mouse headband, along with a selection of apparel inspired by Disney Villains and more.
Halloween Themed Food
I am thrilled to say you will be able to enjoy a lot of Halloween inspired food and beverages throughout Magic Kingdom.
Here are all of the Halloween goodies.
- Mickey Cinnamon Roll (Available at Main Street Bakery) – Mickey-shaped cinnamon roll drizzled with orange and white icing
- Cinnamon Donuts (Available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café) – Served in a Hitchhiking Ghost Novelty container
- Hades Nachos (Available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café) – Black bean nacho chips with “fiery” buffalo chicken, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, and jalapeño
- Constance’s For Better or For Worse Wedding Cake (Available at Liberty Square Market) – Citrus cake with raspberry Bavarian cream, whipped cream flowers, and a chocolate axe
- Pumpkin Spiced Waffle Sundae (Available at Sleepy Hollow) –Pumpkin spice-flavored waffled topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and sprinkles
- Poor Unfortunate Souls Float (Available at Storybook Treats)– Cream cheese soft-serve, black raspberry syrup, and Coke
- Pumpkin Spice Milkshake (Available at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies) – Topped with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, sprinkles, and a Mickey-shaped marshmallow straw
- Pumpkin Spice Soft-Serve Sundae (Available at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies) – Served as a sundae topped with whipped cream, caramel, and sprinkles
- Mickey Monster Mash Burger (Available at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café) – Burger with Meunster cheese, potato barrels, bacon, and sriracha aïoli
- Headless Horseman Rides Again (Available at Sunshine Tree Terrace) – Strawberry DOLE® Whip with Fanta Strawberry and a Headless Horseman Novelty Straw
- Not So Poison Apple Cupcake (Available at Pinocchio Village House) – A spiced apple cupcake with pecan crunch buttercream themed after a poison apple
- Orange and Black Sugar Churros (Available at Various Churro Carts and Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café)
- Oogie Boogie Dice Novelty Glow Cubes (Available at Various Quick-Service Restaurants)
- Jack Skellington Sipper (Available at Various Quick-Service Restaurants and Outdoor Vending Locations)
- Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Various Popcorn Carts)
- Mickey Pumpkin Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Various Popcorn Carts)
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket (Available at Various Popcorn Carts)
- Hitchhiking Ghost Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Liberty Square Popcorn Cart)
- Hitchhiking Ghost Sipper (Available at Various Quick-Service Restaurants)
- Madame Leota Sipper (Available at Sleepy Hollow)
Disney PhotoPass Opportunities
We love the Disney PhotoPass! It is an opportunity to get a picture with the whole family. We are thrilled to say that Disney will have Magic Shots, just for the Halloween season. You can find these locations throughout Magic Kingdom.
You will also want to ride Haunted Mansion during your Disney World Halloween 2020 trip. This is always a classic Halloween ride during the day and evening hours.
Pirates of the Caribbean
Another fun Halloween themed ride at Magic Kingdom is Pirates of the Caribbean. If you are dressing up as a pirate for Halloween, be sure you get a picture in front of this ride!
You will still need to purchase regular park tickets to Magic Kingdom, along with making a park reservation. Disney does now require theme park admission AND a park reservation. If you are an Annual Passholder, you will just need to book a park reservation. You can book a park reservation on the My Disney Experience. The good news is you can enjoy these Halloween events without a separate ticket event.
Other Halloween at Disney Parks
Each of the Walt Disney World theme parks will welcome fall with popular specialty treats, such as Halloween cupcakes at EPCOT and Disney’s Animal Kingdom, along with frozen apple cider at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. As temperatures cool in Central Florida, fall is a spectacular time to visit the parks:
- The Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival offers more than 20 global marketplaces featuring culinary delights to sip and savor.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests can travel to a galaxy far, far away in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, enter the cartoon world of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, or play with their favorite toys in Toy Story Land.
- Guests visiting Disney’s Animal Kingdom can explore Pandora – The World of Avatar, venture to the “top of the world” aboard Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain, or have a wild adventure on Kilimanjaro Safaris.
What’s Different at Disney World
We know it can be a difficult decision to plan a visit to Disney World during this unprecedented environment. Click on this link to read all about what’s different at Disney World, due to coronavirus.
Our family have been to Disney World over 10 times since reopening. We have dined at Character Dining, stayed at Disney Resorts, shopped at Disney Springs, and played at the Disney Parks. We share our whole experience with you.
If you are missing Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, check out our video from last year. We enjoyed a lot of Halloween fun including trick-or-treating, stage shows, fireworks, rides, and character meet and greets. We even tried a lot of the Halloween treats!
We know Disney World Halloween 2020 is a bit different. You will not see Jack Skellington and Zero in front of Cinderella Castle for Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular, Oogie Boogie at the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular, or getting candy from Trick-or-Treat stations throughout Tomorrowland. However, you can still experience the Halloween fun at Disney World. What is your Halloween costume this year?