@Disney (Ali Nasser, photographer)
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom
If Halloween and Disney are two of your favorite things, you will want to make sure you plan a visit during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! Each year on select evenings the Magic Kingdom closes at 7 p.m. and comes alive offering not so scary fun for the family.
From your favorite characters in halloween costumes, to trick or treating through the Magic Kingdom, family members of all ages will enjoy this one of a kind treat. Come along with us on the 1st night of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom.
When is Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?
This year, the Halloween parties start in late August and run through early November. The party begins at 7 p.m. each evening and ends at 12 a.m. If you don’t have regular park tickets on your party date, you can enter Magic Kingdom at 4 p.m. for park time before the party starts.
How Much are Tickets to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?
The Halloween party is a hard-ticket event, which mean you pay extra to attend. It is NOT INCLUDED in your regular park admission. The cost varies depending on the date you choose to attend. Tickets range from $74-$95 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $69-$89 for kids (ages 3-9).
Are You a VIP?
Get access to our FREE VIP Library filled with
resources and fun for your next Disney vacation!
All party guests will be given party wristbands upon entering and those guests already in the park will find cast members scanning party tickets and distributing wristbands. At 7 p.m., Cast Members stationed around the park will ask guests to show wristbands if they are not visible.
Can We Dress Up at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?
Dressing up at the Halloween Party adds to the fun. However, Disney does have policies in place regarding this. If you are thinking of a costume for your little one, or the entire family be sure to adhere by these guidelines from Disney.
- Disney may deny admission to anyone or remove anyone who is wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or could detract from other guests’ experiences.
- Guests may dress as their favorite characters, but cannot pose for pictures or sign autographs.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and not obstructive, offensive, violent or objectionable.
- They may ot contain weapons that resemble or could be mistaken for real weapons.
- You also cannot contain sharp or pointed objects, or materials that might strike another guest.
- Guests who do not abide by the guidelines may be refused entry or removed unless their costumes can be modified to acceptable standards.
For guests ages 14 and up:
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag the ground.
- Capes should not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, shirts, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
- Transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus are OK. Headwear must not cover the face.
- Masks are not allowed.
For guests ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn. Masks cannot cover the entire face, and eyes must be visible.
What Attractions are Open During the Disney Halloween Party?
With the exception of a few, almost all of the Magic Kingdom attractions are open during the party. If you want to beat the crowds, skip the first parade and head to your favorites.
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Haunted Mansion
- “it’s a small world”
- Mad Tea Party
- Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Space Mountain
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Under the Sea~Journey of the Little Mermaid
FastPass+ is not available during the party. There is much less need for it as most people are enjoying the party activities and spending less time on attractions. Party guests entering the park between 4 and 7 p.m. can, however, use FastPass+, provided their party ticket is linked in My Disney Experience.
Character Meet & Greets at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
The party is one of my favorite times to meet characters. You can see some that are never out and others in cute costumes. While they may change a bit each year, here is who we have seen in the past.
- Seven Dwarfs
- Snow White
- Jack Skellington and Sally
- Minnie, Donald, and Daisy in their Halloween costumes
- Goofy in his Aviator Costume
- Queen of Hearts, Tweedles, Alice and the Mad Hatter
- Lotso and Buzz Lightyear
- Cinderella, Rapunzel, Tiana
- Cruella De Ville
- Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger
- Belle, Gaston and Ariel
- Snow Queen
- Jack Sparrow
- Jasmine and Genie
- Tarzan, Jane and Terk
- Tinker Bell
Special Fun for the Disney Halloween Party
If this is your first party, I wouldn’t miss any of these events. They really make for extra magical moments.
The infamous Sanderson Sisters from “Hocus Pocus” are expected to be back for another year at the Disney Halloween party! Watch out—they may put a spell on you as they conjure up the “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” show at the Castle Forecourt Stage.
@Disney (David Roark, photographer)
Other Disney Halloween Party Fun Include:
- Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Halloween Parade – 9:15 p.m., 11:15 p.m.
- Happy HalloWishes Fireworks – 10:15 p.m.
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular – 8:15 p.m., 10:45 p.m., 12 a.m.
- Cadaver Dan’s – 7:15 p.m., 8 p.m., 8:50 p.m., 9:55 p.m., 10:50 p.m.
All Treats, No Tricks
Trick or Treating is available throughout the Magic Kingdom for the duration of the party. You can check your special park map of the party for locations. Or look for the giant Mickey balloons outside of each location.
Where to Find Trick or Treating
- Jungle Cruise
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Liberty Square Riverboat
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Stitch’s Great Escape!
- Carousel of Progress
- Space Mountain
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
Tip: The candy lines get shorter after the first parade and after Hallowishes.
Special PhotoPass Opportunities
While you’re materializing around the park during the event, don’t forget to take advantage of wicked party-exclusive magic shots, animated magic shots, and photo more from Disney PhotoPass Service. During parties, there are also a number of festive props you can use in your photos at various locations around the park, a spirited photo opportunity inspired by the 1929 Silly Symphony “The Skeleton Dance” near Ariel’s Grotto available after dark, and a lamp inspired by the Haunted Mansion cemetery watchman that you can include in your photos near the attraction entrance beginning around 8 p.m.
Exclusive Halloween Party Snacks
You will certainly work up an appetite hunting for characters and candy. Take a break and enjoy the special treats available at this year’s party.
- At the Main Street Bakery and Gaston’s Tavern, you will find a Pumpkin Cheesecake Dome with a graham cracker streusel base, orange white chocolate glaze and a white chocolate Mickey.
- Aloha Isle has chocolate tart filled with chocolate ganache and topped with Oreo panna cotta and a white chocolate Haunted Mansion-inspired portrait.
- Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies has chocolate tart filled with raspberry compote and topped with white chocolate mousse and a Haunted Mansion-inspired white chocolate portrait.
- Liberty Square Market has chocolate tart filled with chocolate ganache and topped with peanut butter icing and a Haunted Mansion-inspired white chocolate portrait.
- Storybook Treats has chocolate tart filled with lemon curd, strawberry compote and topped with strawberry mousse and a Haunted Mansion-inspired white chocolate portrait.
- Jack Skellington gets his own dessert at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square which is a vanilla panna cotta, chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream, white chocolate and dark chocolate crisp pearls, dark chocolate curls and a white chocolate Jack Skellington.
- A Pumpkin Mickey Waffle with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles and caramel sauce will be offered at Sleepy Hollow.
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café will offer Worms and Dirt, a chocolate gravestone with chocolate cake and chocolate mousse with a chocolate glaze topped with Oreo crumbs, and gummy candy.
- Chocolate Crisped Rice Treats and Vampire Mickey Brownies will be available at various outdoor vending and kiosks throughout the Magic Kingdom Park.
Don’t Forget Your Disney Halloween Souvenirs
@Disney Parks Blog
Special merchandise and treats are back with a special edition MagicBand, a special edition Trading Pin, and of course the event t-shirt.
Select pins will be sold as individual limited edition pins, each with an edition size of 5,400. These pins will also be sold in a boxed set (1,000 edition size) and a framed set (300 edition size), each containing limited edition completer pins.
Well there you have it, everything you need to know about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! Will you attend this special event?