Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Need a Harry Potter character robe in a hurry and on the cheap? Read more to find out how you can create your own for about $15!
The family theme for our Halloween costumes this year is Harry Potter. The whole family is dressing as a Harry Potter character. Dad (Tim) is Severus Snape, Kelly is Harry Potter, and Hunter is Luna Lovegood.
My costume as Professor McGonagall was a little tougher to find, so I needed to create one from home, including a Harry Potter character robe for Professor McGonagall. I decided to take the easier version for this year’s costume and create a no sew costume using just material and ribbon as a tie. It took me less than 15 minutes to make a Harry Potter character robe for less than $15. It turned out amazing!
How to Create a Harry Potter Character Robe
To create your own Harry Potter character robe for $15, follow the steps, below.
- Buy 2-3 yards of knit material with 2 yards of matching ribbon
- Lay out the material on a large table.
- Fold the top edge over about 3 inches.
- Cut about 1/2″ into the fold at 2 inch intervals.
- Be sure to cut these slices the entire length of the material.
- Weave the ribbon through these cuts through the entire length of the material.
- Tie the ribbon at the end.
- Finish the ribbon ends by burning them (adds even more of an “wizardy” look!).
- You’re done!
Less than 10 steps, less than 15 minutes, and less than $15 and you have yourself a custom Harry Potter character robe!