Someone once asked me why I love social marketing. I thought about it for a minute. Hmmm . . . why do I love social marketing?
My answer finally came to me. I love engaging with our fans and readers. I can help a potential YouTuber in Japan or help a bring a smile to a fan in New York City. Social marketing allows us to engage and build relationships with our fans and readers around the world.
The key with social marketing is engage!
How Do I Create Social Marketing Engagement?
As I mentioned the key to social marketing is engaging your followers. So many bloggers use social marketing to just spit out content.
Yes, social marketing is great for sharing your content. However, your readers will start to become immune to it and when they see another blog post they may just ignore it.
This will drop your social marketing engagement. This can affect your numbers and potential brand deals in the future.
Instead mix your social marketing up a bit. Combine pieces that build engagement and promote your content.
Resources to Build Social Marketing Engagement
A easy way to build social marketing engagement is asking your followers questions. It can be a simple question or even a fill in the blank.
Everyone likes to talk about themselves. Give your followers the opportunity to share on your social marketing. Asking questions is an easy way to do just that. We have 100 questions to help you get started building engagement on your social marketing.
100 Questions to Build Social Marketing Engagement
We know it can be tough to just come up with questions on the fly. We are helping you out.
We have 100 questions to get you started. You can pick and choose your favorite questions or use them all.
The best news, these questions will help spark your imagination and you will probably think of a lot more questions you can ask your followers.
- What is the best costume you’ve ever worn?
- Do you like sunny days or rainy days more?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite television show?
- What does your typical Friday night look like?
- What inspires your ideas?
- Have you ever assembled furniture by yourself?
- Do you have a favorite t-shirt? If yes, what is on it?
- Something you eat that other people would find gross?
- Have you even eaten a whole bag of Pringles by yourself?
- Describe yourself in terms of food.
- What emoji describes you?
- What makes you unique?
- What’s your favorite place to order pizza?
- Who taught you how to drive?
- If you were to ever win a Nobel Peace Prize, what do you think it would be for?
- Have you ever helped someone across the road?
- Would you rather own a private jet or a luxury yacht?
- What is your favorite thing to put on ice cream?
- What is your favorite store?
- What is your preferred swimming stroke?
- How do you like to take your coffee or tea?
- What is the main thing you like to do on vacation?
- Do you have a pet? If yes, what kind?
- The Beatles or Rolling Stones?
- Could you ever grow your own food?
- If you could be a bird, which would you be?
- Which is cooler? Dinosaurs or Dragons?
- What is your greatest source of inspiration?
- What’s the wildest thing you have ever done?
- Do you think making driverless cars is a smart invention?
- How many hats do you own?
- What song do you sing in the shower?
- Do you make a “to do” list daily, weekly or monthly?
- What’s your favorite hobby?
- Do you prefer music on vinyl or streaming?
- What do you love most about yourself?
- Can you put up a tent?
- Have you ever been camping?
- What was your favorite science? Biology, physics, or chemistry?
- Who influenced your life the most?
- Have you ever been famous?
- If you started a business tomorrow, what would it be?
- What activities make you lose track of time?
- Have you ever made ice cream?
- What is your favorite souvenir during a vacation?
- Do you prefer watching movies at home or at the movie theater?
- Do you play a musical instrument? If yes, which one?
- Have you ever been on TV?
- Describe Mondays in one word
- Did you ever run out of gas? If so, where?
- Do you like taking pictures or being in pictures?
- Do you prefer water skiing or snow skiing?
- What song makes you dance uncontrollably?
- Do you like pie or cake?
- What is your favorite game show?
- A wish you make again and again?
- Have you ever been on a blind date?
- How do you get into the holiday spirit?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What season is your favorite?
- Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone?
- What clothing designer do you love?
- Early riser or night owl?
- Do you throw bread to ducks?
- Do you have a nickname that you love?
- Do you sing in the car?
- What is your favorite accent?
- What was the worst haircut you ever had?
- What book have you read multiple times?
- Have you ever seen a tornado up close?
- Have you ever crashed a wedding?
- Which is better? Pianos or violins?
- What is the funniest thing you have ever done to your parents?
- Did you go to your prom?
- Do you sleep with the TV on?
- What is your favorite thing to celebrate?
- What is your favorite dessert to eat?
- What do you like to cook?
- What do you like to bake?
- Have you ever had an adventure in babysitting?
- Do you read your fortune cookies?
- What is your dream car?
- What was your first car?
- Where is your favorite place to take a nap?
- What is your favorite cartoon?
- Do you talk to yourself?
- Have you ever cried during a movie?
- Can you use chopsticks?
- Have you ever left a huge tip?
- What is your favorite color?
- What color looks best on you?
- Are you a thrill seeker?
- Do you prefer blue or black ink pens?
- If you could be an explorer, what would be your expedition?
- Is change easy for you?
- What do you love about the internet?
- Who was the last person that knocked on your door?
- What is your favorite “take out” restaurant?
- Pancakes or waffles?
You can share these questions on your social marketing, but I would add a bit more to it.
Add a GIF
You can just write the text and post, but I would add your personality with a GIF. Followers love funny GIF’s.
I love this GIF for the question “Are you a thrill seeker?” Your fans would love it, too!
When adding your question, add some emojis to go with it.
For example: What do you like to cook?🌭🌮🍕🍲
It will bring your personality into the question.
Add Pictures or Videos
You can also add a picture or video that goes along with the image.
Asking questions with pictures and/or videos create the best engagement.
We actually tested this one with hundreds of bloggers. The best engagement was when we added the questions into an image or video.
Ready to Go Graphics
If you need some help creating graphics, we can help you. We have ready to go graphics that you can literally upload to your own social marketing in seconds. This will save you some time and help you build your social marketing engagement.
If your readers love to travel, we have ready to go travel graphics. These are perfect for you to share on your social marketing and build your engagement.
Our general graphics are perfect for any niche. These questions and images are general, so they are great for your personal FB profile or for a business Twitter account.
If you have a lot of Disney fans on your social marketing, you may prefer these Disney inspired graphics. You can even add your own logo to these graphics to help build your brand.
Remember to engage with your followers on your social marketing. These questions will help build your social marketing engagement and your business. Happy Engaging!