Are you ready for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party? I know most of us are just finishing up summer and getting into back to school mode.
However, Halloween in creeping into Disney World. Disney already kicked off their popular Halloween Party called Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
This special event is held at Magic Kingdom Park from 7 PM-midnight. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party runs from August 16-November 1. This is a separate admission for this party. Tickets start at $79 per person plus tax. The prices do vary based on the dates. Little insider tip: For the best prices, book your tickets for the weekdays and avoid Halloween night.
For the Jones Family, Halloween is a family tradition. Tim and I have been going to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, even before we had the kiddos. Once we had kids, we continued the Halloween tradition. Both Kelly and Hunter have been going to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party since they were babies.
Here are some of our recent videos from Mickey’s Halloween Party.
Over the years, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party has been growing bigger and bigger. For 2019, Disney brought back some old favorites and then some exciting new shows, treats, and entertainment!
Let’s jump into Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party for 2019.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
What to Do at Mickey’s Halloween Party
Watch Out for Pirates
I love it when Disney brings the pirates to life at Pirates of the Caribbean! During last year’s Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, Disney introduced the “pirate takeover”. This is where live pirates are throughout the queue line and ride.
It was such a success, they also added a pirate takeover to Villains After Hours. Disney is continuing the fun with pirates throughout the Pirates of the Caribbean ride for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. Watch out for ye pirates!
Mad Tea Party
Yes, we are all a little “mad” around here! I love that Disney created an updated Mad Tea Party, just for Halloween. This is extra Halloween fun at Fantasyland. Plus, one of my favorite Halloween characters is the Mad Hatter!
For Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, you can get an extreme dose of Mad Hatter with an “extreme” Mad Tea Party. Disney adds enhanced lighting and music to make the Mad Tea Party a little more “mad!” This is a lot of fun to hop on with your family or friends during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
Ghostly Take Over at Space Mountain
This was another popular Halloween surprise during last year’s Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. It was such a success, they brought it Villains After Hours. The villains “took over” by making Space Mountain completely dark. The kids loved it!
For Halloween, Disney makes it completely dark. To make it more exciting, you will be screaming to a new soundtrack, just for the Disney Halloween Party.
Your tweens are going to be so excited about the new addition to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. It is a “Descendants” dance party! Woohoo! This dance part is on the stage at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café in Tomorrowland.
Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam
For the younger ones, they can meet some of their favorite Disney Channel characters in Fantasyland at a junior jam party. The party is held at Storybook Circus and features Doc McStuffins, Timon, Fancy Nancy, and Vampirina.
“Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular”
Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” hosts the brand new show on Cinderella Castle and fireworks that light up the sky. You will see some of your favorite Disney Characters, including Zero. Everyone’s favorite ghost dog!
Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular
One of the most popular shows at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is “Hocus Pocus.” You can watch this spooky show on the stage in front of Cinderella Castle. Be careful because that’s where the Sanderson Sisters and Disney villains will “put a spell on you.”
Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Halloween Parade
Our favorite part of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is the “Boo-To-You” parade. I am singing the song in my head! You guys know the song. “Boo to You and You…” LOL!
It is a catchy song and our favorite parade at Disney World. Keep your eyes open for dancing ghosts, grave diggers, the Headless Horseman, Goofy and his candy company, pirates, and more spooky fun.
It is a must do during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
Food at Mickey’s Halloween Party
Frightfully Delicious Treats
Disney is taking sweet treats to a whole new level! There are so many amazing treats, just for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. They are scattered throughout Magic Kingdom. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Jack and Sally Push Cake Pops: I love that Disney has Jack and Sally Cake Pops! They are perfect to grab and eat on the go. You can purchase these at the carts around Cinderella Castle. Great news for allergies, these are gluten friendly!
- Hades Nachos: The popular Hades Nachos are back for another Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! These are a perfect snack in between rides.
- Maleficent Cone: I love this black waffle cone with lime soft-serve ice cream. It is topped with chocolate horns! Ultra evil! You can purchase this sweet treat at Storybook Treats.
- Snake Eyes: Another spooky treat from Storybook Treats is Snake Eyes. Love this drink with Sprite, green apple and lemonade. It is topped with gummy worms and dice that light up in the dark.
- Pumpkin Soft Serve: If you are dreaming of pumpkins, head over to Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies to get a Pumpkin Spice Soft Serve ice cream with candy corn and caramel sauce topping.
- Pumpkin Spice Milkshake: Another pumpkin treat is the Pumpkin Spice Milkshake at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies. For gluten allergies, this item is also gluten friendly.
- Lots-O-Burger: You gotta love burgers at Disney World! How about a burger with Lots-O grilled into your bun. This tasty burger has a beef patty with brie fondue, strawberry-bacon jam, and an onion ring. It is a unique combination that tastes so good!
- Billy’s Worms & Dirt: Besides the Hades Nachos at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe, you can also try Billy’s Worms & Dirt. I love the whole theming behind this treat. This grave scene treat is themed after William “Billy” Butcherson. He is raising from the dead in chocoalte pudding with a gluten friends cake crumbs. It is a spooky treat, so Disney has to throw in those gummy works for effect. The highlight is the white chocolate decoration of Billy himself rising from the grave. It is amazing!
- Headless Horseman Cheesecake: Sleepy Hallow has some of my favorite snacks for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. I usually grab a snack at Sleepy Hallow and then find a spot to watch the “Boo to You” parade. This year, there are two sweet treats at Sleepy Hallow. The first one is the Headless Horseman Cheesecake. It is a pumpkin cheesecake layered with gluten-friendly chocolate cake, chocolate toppings, orange glaze, and a Headless Horseman chocolate piece.
- Chocolate Mickey Waffle Sundae: For presentation, I think this is my favorite sweet treat at Mickey’s Halloween Party. This Chocolate Mickey Waffle Sundae comes with 2 black chocolate Mickey waffles! Then it is topped with pumpkin gelato, candy corn, caramel, and sprinkles. It looks EPIC! Definitely, Instagram worthy!
- Constance’s for Better or For Worse Wedding Cake: You may completely miss this next Mickey’s Halloween Party treat, but it is one of my favorites. If you are a Haunted Mansion fan, this is the perfect dessert for you. It is Contance’s wedding cake! Notice the ax on the top? It gives me chills just thinking about it. You can get this dessert at the Liberty Square Popcorn Cart.
These are just a handful of the Halloween inspired treats you can find throughout Magic Kingdom for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
Tickets & Tips
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Pass
How would you like to go to 35 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Parties this year? Sounds amazing – right!
Disney has a brand new ticket called the Party Pass. For one fee, you can enjoy up to 35 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Parties in 2019. That is a lot of Halloween fun!
The Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party pass is $299 per adult (plus tax) or $284 (plus tax) for children.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is an amazing special event at Disney World.
Pre-Order Your Tickets
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is a special event that does require separate admission. As I mentioned above, prices start at $79. On more popular nights like the weekend and Halloween Night, the price is much higher.
A simple way to save some money is by pre-ordering your tickets. You can save $10 per person, by just ordering your tickets at home (before you leave). Plus, you are locking in your favorite night to visit Mickey’s Halloween Party. This special event can sell out.
Get in Early
Mickey’s Halloween Party starts at 7 PM, but did you know you can get into Magic Kingdom early? You can get into Magic Kingdom as early as 4 PM. That is three extra hours to play at Magic Kingdom, before the part even starts. This is a great time to get on the scary rides. Then you can enjoy all of the parades, special shows, food, and entertainment for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (during the party).
Trick or Treating
I am sure your kids are asking…is there trick or treating? Oh yes and LOTS of it! Don’t worry about bringing your own bag. As soon as you enter Magic Kingdom, you will be directed to an area where they give you a wrist band and bag for trick or treating.
You bag will be filled to the top, before you leave Magic Kingdom. There are trick or treating spots all throughout Magic Kingdom Park. These spots do tend to get long lines at the beginning of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. We recommend hitting some of the other fun things to do and then trick or treating at the end.
Towards the end of the night, the Cast Members also get a little more “relaxed” in regards to candy amounts. At the beginning of the night, it is one or two candies. By the end of the night, they are giving you a handful. 😉
Characters in Costumes
Throughout Magic Kingdom, you will have opportunities to meet your favorite Disney Characters in their Halloween costumes. There are also some new characters that you do not normally see at the parks, come out for Halloween. If you love the characters, pick up a guide map (as you enter Magic Kingdom). The guide map will highlight the Disney Character and meeting spots.
☠️ Be warned, the lines do get really, really long for the character meet and greets. They are still a lot of fun for the whole family.
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
One of the highlights for most locals is the exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card, just for Mickey’s Halloween Party. You can only pick up this card during the Halloween Party. This means if you arrive to Magic Kingdom at 4 PM, you will not be able to get your cart yet. You will have to come back, once the party starts to pick up your exclusive Halloween Party card.
In the Jones Family, we attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party almost every year. Sometimes a few times each year! LOL!
We hope this helps you plan your visit this year to Mickey’s Halloween Party. “Boo to You and You and You…Happy Halloween!”
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on Pinterest.