Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Are you a Star Wars fan? We love Star Wars in our family! One of our favorite activities is experiencing Star Wars in person at Galaxy’s Edge at Disney World or Disneyland.
When we are home, our kids like to cook Star Wars inspired dishes. We found a lot of recipes are all inspired by Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge at Disney World.
Our Star Wars treat today is Bespin Cloud Drops. This is a delicate dessert made from the beautiful city of Bespin.
The Bespin Cloud Drops are super sweet, so one is more than enough for any sweet tooth. They are super soft and almost fluffy. They are simple to make with only a few ingredients. Let’s dive in and make this Star Wars treat.
Bespin Cloud Drops Recipe Ingredients
You can make a ton of the Bespin Cloud Drops with this recipe. You only need a few ingredients.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon desert pear syrup or grenandine syrup
- light blue or blue food coloring
Bespin Cloud Drops Directions
Step 1: Combine the egg whites and the cream of tartar in a medium bowl and beat on medium speed using an electric mixer until it looks puffy.
Step 2: Turn speed up to high and begin adding the sugar in a slow stream.
Step 3: Beat until the sugar is completely dissolved, then quickly beat in the desert pear syrup or grenadine syrup.
Step 4: Preheat the oven to 200°F and then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. It’s important for you to use 1 layer of parchment paper for them to cook all the way.
Step 5: Drop dollops of the mixture onto the baking sheet using a spoon, then try to form rough cloud shapes.
Step 6: Drip one drop of blue food coloring onto each cloud and mix it into the clouds using a toothpick.
Step 7: Bake for 1 1/2 hours, then turn off the heat and prop the oven door open just a little. Let the meringues cool for another hour or so.
What do you think of these blue swirl puffs of cloud? I love the blue and pink colors in the Bespin Cloud Drops. Print out the recipe below to make at home or save for later.
Bespin Cloud Drops Printable Recipe
- 1 electric mixer
- 1 baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp desert pear syrup or rose grenadine syrup
- light blue food coloring
- Combine the egg whites and cream of tartar in a medium bowl and beat on medium speed on the electric mixer until it looks puffy.
- Turn the speed to high and add the sugar in a slow stream.
- Beat until the sugar has completely dissolved, then quickly beat in the grenadine or desert pear syrup.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F and line a baking sheet with 1 layer of parchment paper.
- Drop dollops of the mixture onto the baking sheet using a spoon, then form into rough cloud shapes.
- Dip a toothpick into the blue food coloring and swirl it through each cloud to add color.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Then let the clouds cool for a hour or so.
These cloud treats are delicious and are perfect for a Star Wars Party or just a movie marathon.