Walt Disney World presented their proposal for reopening the parks, today to the Orange County Economic Recovery task force. Sea World also presented their plan, but we will focus on the Disney plan.
Walt Disney World Reopening Proposal
- Proposed reopening date for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom: July 11
- Proposed reopening date for Epcot and Hollywood Studios: July 15
- Attendance reservation system for parks each day
- Face masks required
- Significant reductions in capacity in parks and at restaurants and attractions
- More frequent cleaning protocols on stage and backstage
- Guest and Cast Temperature Checks
- Limited-Contact Enhancements in High Touch Areas – Increased mobile food ordering and cashless transactions, temporarily pausing meet and greets and not opening play areas
- Transportation will exist but be limited in capacity
- Parades and fireworks will be on hold initially
- Enhanced Communication to Guests before and during vacations
- A new social distancing squad of Cast Members will be dedicated to encouraging social distancing in a positive way, similar to what has been implemented in Disney Springs.
- Signage and Messaging Throughout Property
The task force approved this reopening plan presented by Disney during the meeting. It will now go to Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings for review. If and when he signs off on the plan, he will send an endorsement letter to Governor Ron DeSantis for final approval.
Disney World Resorts
Disney made no mention of resorts and neither has Universal Orlando, at this time.
UPDATE REGARDING DISNEY RESORTS:
Disney Springs is Currently Open
Disney Springs at Walt Disney World has already opened in phase one and phase two of the reopening. You can check out this article and video about the 11 new things at Disney Springs for the reopening.
We are excited Walt Disney World has a proposed plan to reopen. Be sure you follow our blog to get the latest updates for Disney World.