Have you ever thought about going on a Disney Christmas Cruise? The Very Merrytime Christmas themed cruises with Disney are some of our favorite cruises! The entire cruise features a Christmas theme with a life size gingerbread house, multiple visits from Santa Claus, story time with Mrs. Claus, and so much more.
There is so much to do on a Very Merrytime Cruise! We share the top things to do on a Disney Christmas Cruise.
Disney Christmas Cruise
Sail away on a Disney Christmas Cruise (officially called A Very Merrytime Disney Cruise) during select dates usually from November 1 through December 24 of any given year. All four Disney Cruise ships feature at least one Very Merrytime cruise.
Enjoy a festive, fully decorated Disney Cruise ship that includes:
- Mickey’s Tree Lighting Magic Ceremony: Enjoy the show while Mickey and the gang light the 24-foot Christmas tree in the main lobby.
- Mickey’s Winter Wonderland Ball: Join Santa and Mrs. Claus for a grand celebration in the Atrium
- Deck the Deck Tropical Holiday Party: Candy-cane limbo, dancing and games—share in the yuletide magic of the season during this jovial celebration.
- Santa Claus Meet-And-Greet: You’ll have plenty of opportunities to share your Christmas wishes with the “big guy” during your Disney Christmas cruise.
- Disney Character Greetings: Even the Disney characters put on their Christmas best for these cruises
- Full-sized Gingerbread House: Seriously, you could walk inside this thing! Be aware, though, it may not be done on the earlier Disney Christmas cruises.
- Storytime with Mrs. Claus: The kids love this part of the cruise. Sit down with Mrs. Claus while she shares her favorite Christmas stories.
- Themed activities and crafts for the kids: Our favorite is gingerbread man decorating
- Youth Parties: The tweens and teens in your family enjoy Christmas-themed parties, just for them!
- Holiday Merchandise: Who can forget Disney Christmas shopping aboard a Disney Christmas cruise?
Christmas at Castaway Cay
Don’t think the folks at Disney Cruise forgot about their own private island, Castaway Cay. You can get your pic in front of another Christmas tree while on the island.
You’ll also spot special Christmas decorations throughout the island.
All of the buildings on Castaway Cay feature Christmas decorations and the music goes along with the theme, as well.
Overall, the Christmas Disney cruises will delight your family as much as they do for ours. Be sure to book them early, though. They tend to be quite popular among Disney Cruise fans!
You may also love our 105 Disney Cruise Tips, Tricks, and Hacks to help plan your next Disney Christmas Cruise.