Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Any Harry Potter witch or wizards needs a proper spell book to store all of their spells. We are excited to share a Harry Potter DIY that you can create at home with your wizards or muggles.
Hunter is our ⚡️Harry Potter ultra fan in the family! She loves Harry Potter movies, books, recipes, and even DIY crafts. She is going to show you how to make a Harry Potter Spell Book.
It is a simple and fun DIY for any Harry Potter fan!
How to Make a Harry Potter Spell Book
For this DIY, you can find most of these supplies around the house. If you need to order anything, you can order right on Amazon and have it delivered to your home.
You can print out the instructions below.
You can also scroll down to the very bottom to watch the DIY video with our youngest Harry Potter fan, Hunter.
Harry Potter Spell Book
- 1 Composition Book
- 1 Favorite Paint for Book Cover
- 1 Brown Paint
- 3 Foam Brushes
- 1 Gold Paint Pen
- 1 Modge Pod
- 3 pieces Typing Paper
- 1 Pen
- You will print an 8 x 10 paper with the wording Spell Book using Georgia font
- Tape the paper on the composition book, where you want the wording
- Using a pen and write on top of the wording taped to your composition book (this will make an indention into the composition book)
- Paint your composition book in your favorite color
- Once it drys, touch up paint the corners with brown paint (making the book look older)
- Using the gold paint pen, paint on top of the indented wording “Spell Book”
- Paint the entire cover with the Mod Pod paint to seal it
Now that you created your Harry Potter Spell Book, what kind of spells should you add?
After we created this spell book, we sat down and watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. During the movie, the kids wrote down the spells into their spell book.
We have some other resources to find spells to add into your Harry Potter Spell Book.
Do you have a favorite spell? If you do, share it in the comments below.
Other Harry Potter Crafts
Check out some other fun Harry Potter crafts that you can make at home.